The fear of Hell-FirePosted: June 9, 2012
During the course of life, we tend to forget the truth about hell-fire, or Jahannam, and its punishment. Since we are all travelers, It’s quite necessary that we fully comprehend where our road can lead us, each with its own reward and punishment. The description of hell-fire is worrying indeed. It’s a punishment that is truly unbearable, and one I ask Allah to protect us all from. Here are some points of reminder that I feel compelled to share to remind myself, and everyone else, as I truly love you all for the sake of Allah:
- The heat of hell-fire is 70 times more than the heat we know of. We can’t even keep our fingers over a lighter for more than seconds…how about if it’s 70 times stronger and all over our body? Allahul Must’an..
Your (ordinary) fire is one of 70 parts of the (Hell) Fire.” Someone asked, “O Allaah’s Apostle This (ordinary) fire would have been sufficient (to torture the unbelievers),” Allaah’s Apostle said, “The (Hell) Fire has 69 parts more than the ordinary (worldly) fire, each part is as hot as this (worldly) fire. [Bukhari]
- If you threw a stone, it would take 70 years to reach the bottom of hell-fire. That’s our whole life span! Just the fall of getting there..
Abu Hurairah reported : we were in the company of Allaah’s Messenger, salla Allaahu alaihi wa sallam, that we heard a terrible sound. Thereupon Allaah’s apostle, salla Allaahu alaihi wa sallam, said : Do you know what (sound) is this? We said : Allaah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he said : That is a stone which was thrown seventy years ago in Hell and it has been constantly slipping down and now it has reached its base. [Muslim]
- In hell-fire, no matter how much you scream of pain, ask for forgiveness, or call upon Allah…nobody will hear you! It will be just your pain and the fire burning you over and over again..
Their wish will be to get out of the fire but never will they get out therefrom: their penalty will be one that endures. [Al-Ma'ida, 40]
- One day in hell-fire is equal 1000 years. La hawla wala quwata ila bilah..
It will be said to the Hell, ‘Are you filled?’ It will say, ‘Are there any more (to come)?’ On that Allaah will put His Foot on it, and it will say ‘Qati! Qati! (Enough! Enough!). [Bukhari]
- The least one to be punished in hell-fire would have shackles on his feet made of fire and it will end up boiling his brain..that’s the least! What about in the middle then? What about the worse?
The least torture in the Hell on the Day of Judgment is that of a man whose foot sole is laid on a live coal which causes his brain to boil just like a boiler. [Bukhari, Muslim]
Fire holds some to their ankle bones, some to their knees, some to their waists, and some up to their collarbones. [Muslim]
Nobody is assured rescue from hell-fire. That is why we have to take heed of this message, even if it is worrying. We worship Allah on the basis of love and fear, alternating between the two. We have to work so that to be protected from hell-fire even it meant giving one date in charity. Never underestimate a small deed…for it might be your savior by Allah’s will.
Let’s not lose track of what we’re doing and we’re were going, for the description above are mere words today, but an inescapable reality tomorrow. We have to seek refuge from it in our du’aa, and we have to place a barrier between us and it by being sincere, performing good deeds, and asking Allah for His mercy.
As much as we yearn for Paradise, we have to also fear the punishment of Hell-Fire..
I ask Allah, He who has brought us all together for His sake, to allow us entry to Paradise without nearing Hell-Fire…Ameen.